Rain on a Tin Roof

Mayhem and Music. A paradox of sound. Sad, yet hopeful. Always beautiful.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mississippi, United States

Broken . . . Mended . . . A work in progress.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Happy Birthday


I share this day of birth with a few friends. One of them is turning 16. I'm turning 30. I wrote this in her birthday card, and wanted to save it and share it with the rest of the beautiful women in my life.

For Sabrina

Young women are like flowers,
Adorned by God with beauty and strength.
They need roots to ground them during life's strong winds,
To give them life during depressing drought.

As you go throug life,
Whatever ups and downs God has planned for you,
May you at once feel your roots grow stronger,
Deeper,
As your beautiful face turns up toward heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home